Piedmont and Valle d'Aosta Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Piedmont and Valle d'Aosta Restaurant Reviews
In Piedmont and Valle d'Aosta you can find rustic specialties from farmhouse hearths, fine cuisine with a French accent, and everything in between. The Piedmontese take their food and wine very seriously.
There is a significant concentration of upscale restaurants in Piedmont, with refined cuisine designed to showcase the region's fine wines. Wine-oriented menus are prevalent both in cities and in the country, where even simply named trattorias may offer a menu di degustazione (a multicourse tasting menu) accompanied by wines paired to each dish.
In Turin the ritual of the aperitivo (aperitif) has been finely tuned, and most cafés from the early evening onward provide lavish buffets that are included in the price of a cocktail—a respectable substitute for dinner if you are traveling on a limited budget. As a result, restaurants in Turin tend to fill only after 9 pm.
Browse Piedmont and Valle d'Aosta Restaurants
- Al Garamond
- Gener Neuv
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Residence San Paolo Fr $148+/Nt Save with Expedia, $15/night less
- Save in Turin: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $312+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Turin this May Fr $140+/Nt — $140 Save with Expedia, $22/night less
- Stay 3 night and save 18% off your stay!: NH Lingotto in May — $142 Save with Expedia, $29/night less
- Save at 4-Star Pacific Fortino: $91 & Up in May — $91 Save with Expedia, $14/night less