Piedmont and Valle d'Aosta Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Piedmont and Valle d'Aosta
Sacra di San Michele: Explore one of the country's most spectacularly situated religious monuments
Castello Fénis: This castle transports you back in time to the Middle Ages.
Monte Bianco: A cable car ride over the snowcapped mountain will take your breath away.
Turin's Museo Egizio: A surprising treasure—one of the world's richest collections of Egyptian art outside Cairo.
Regal wines: Some of Italy's most revered reds—led by Barolo, dubbed "the king of wines"—come from the hills of southern Piedmont.
Turin's Galleria Sabauda: Witness to the regal splendor of the reigning House of Savoy, this museum is famed for its spectacular Old Master collection
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe