Piedmont and Valle d'Aosta Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Sacra di San Michele: Explore one of the country's most spectacularly situated religious buildings.
Castello Fénis: This castle transports you back in time to the Middle Ages.
Monte Bianco: The cable car ride over the snowcapped mountain will take your breath away.
Turin's Museo Egizio: A surprising treasure—one of the world's richest collections of Egyptian art outside Cairo.
Regal wines: Some of Italy's most revered reds—led by Barolo, dubbed "the king wines"—come from the hills of southern Piedmont.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Turin: Save at the BEST WESTERN Luxor in May Fr $129+/Nt Save with Expedia, $13/night less
- Book in Turin: Save at the Town House 70 Suite in May Fr $318+/Nt Expedia
- Stay 3 night and save 18% off your stay!: NH Lingotto in May — $143 Save with Expedia, $29/night less
- Turin Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $226+/Nt — $226 Save with Expedia, $36/night less
- Holiday Inn Turin City Center in May: $151 & Up — $151 Expedia