- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Funivie Courmayeur/Mont Blanc. Courmayeur pales in comparison to its French neighbor, Chamonix, in both the quality and the number of its ski runs (it has only 24). But with good natural snow cover, the trails and vistas are spectacular. A huge gondola leads from the center of Courmayeur to Plan Checrouit, where other gondolas and lifts lead to the slopes. The skiing around Monte Bianco is particularly good, and the off-piste options are among the best in Europe. The routes from Cresta d'Arp (the local peak) to Dolonne, and from La Palud area into France, should be done with a guide. Contact the Funivie Courmayeur/Mont Blanc for complete information about lift tickets, ski runs, and weather conditions. La Palud 22, Courmayeur. 0165/89925. www.montebianco.com.
Società delle Guide Alpine. The society provides year-round Alpine guiding services. Strada Villair 2, Courmayeur, 11013. 0165/842064. www.guidecourmayeur.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe