- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Serious climbers can make the ascent of the Matterhorn from Breuil-Cervinia after registering with the local mountaineering officials at the tourist office. This ascent is for experienced climbers only.
Società delle Guide Alpine. The Society's guides are available to accompany you on treks and also lead skiing, canyoning, and ice-climbing excursions. Strada Villair 2, Courmayeur, 11013. 0165/842064. www.guidecourmayeur.com.
Less demanding hikes follow the lower slopes of the valley of the River Marmore, to the south of town.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe