- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Getting Here and Around
To arrive by car, take the A3 Napoli-Salerno highway exit "Ercolano" or "Torre del Greco" and follow signs for the Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio.
Vesuvio Express. Based at Ercolano Circumvesuviana train station, runs minibuses to the parking lot and the starting point of the path up to the cone's summit (€10 round-trip). There are also services from Pompeii. 081/7393666 www.vesuvioexpress.info.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe