- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Several companies offer a variety of fast craft and passenger and car ferries connecting the islands of Capri, Ischia, and Procida with Naples and Pozzuoli year-round. Hydrofoils and other fast craft leave from Naples's Molo Beverello, adjacent to Piazza Municipio, and also from Mergellina, about 1½ km (1 mile) west of Piazza Municipio. Slower car ferries leave from the more inaccessible berths at Calata Porta di Massa, a 10-minute walk east of Molo Beverello.
Information on departures is published every day in the local paper, Il Mattino. Alternatively, ask at the tourist office or at the port, or contact these companies directly. Always double-check schedules in stormy weather.
Alilauro (081/4972222. www.alilauro.it.)
Caremar (081/5513882. www.caremar.it.)
Navigazione Libera del Golfo (081/5520763. www.navlib.it.)
SNAV (081/4285555. www.snav.it.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe