- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Albergo Il Monastero
At a Glance
- stunning views
- how often do you get to stay in a castle?
- a long way from the entrance to your room
- some consider it too far from the town's action
Check Rates from our Partners
Albergo Il Monastero Review
The Castello Aragonese, on its own island, is the unrivaled location for this unique hotel, where a peaceful ambience and simple but comfortable rooms overlooking the Mediterranean far below add to the fairy-tale impression, and the friendly management adds to the magic. Massage therapy is offered and plans are afoot to add a full spa. The superb restaurant on the spectacular terrace (also open to nonguests) collaborates with Forio's historic Umberto a Mare to provide sophisticated adaptations of local island cuisine, much from the castle's vegetable garden. The hotel is hugely popular, so book way in advance.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Trip to Sicily: March 3-22, 2014
My husband and I had originally planned a trip to Sicily for last September but, due to family issues, we had to postpone the trip until this March. Read more
I recently asked for some help planning a Europe trip and got such useful advice that I am back again!
I have a study course coming up in Pisa in May that I just found out about. I will be flying Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more