- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Azienda Agrituristica Seliano
At a Glance
- a great taste of a working farm
- a banquet every evening
- transfers available from the station
- confusing to find
- not for non-dog fans
Azienda Agrituristica Seliano Review
This working-farm-with-a-difference, about 3 km (2 miles) from the temples, consists of a cluster of 19th-century baronial buildings. The Baronessa Cecilia herself presides over all, aided by sons Ettore and Massimino. The top priority, once settled into your refurbished room, is to befriend the farm dogs, who'll become faithful companions on country walks. Opt for half-board terms as most of the food is home-produced, including the mozzarella, rich buffalo stew, and more elaborate dishes. For meals, you'll sit with other guests around a banquet table. Cookery courses and visits to cheese-makers (and the buffalo) can be organized, and bicycles may be borrowed.
- Address: Via Seliano, about 1 km (½ mile) down dirt track west off main road from Capaccio Scalo to Paestum Paestum, 84063 | Map It
- Phone: 0828/723634
- Website: www.agriturismoseliano.it
- Location: Paestum
- 14 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Closed Nov.–Mar., will open for bookings.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After we left Urbino, we drove to Fabriano. Read more
We've rented out our house for another three months and have hit the road. Read more
So this is my first time travelling to Italy and I chose Alitalia BEFORE reading bad reviews about lost baggage. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more