- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Azienda Agrituristica Seliano
At a Glance
- a great taste of a working farm
- a banquet every evening
- transfers available from the station
- confusing to find
- not for non-dog fans
Azienda Agrituristica Seliano Review
This working-farm-with-a-difference, about 3 km (2 miles) from the temples, consists of a cluster of 19th-century baronial buildings. The Baronessa Cecilia herself presides over all, aided by sons Ettore and Massimino. The top priority, once settled into your refurbished room, is to befriend the farm dogs, who'll become faithful companions on country walks. Opt for half-board terms as most of the food is home-produced, including the mozzarella, rich buffalo stew, and more elaborate dishes. For meals, you'll sit with other guests around a banquet table. Cookery courses and visits to cheese-makers (and the buffalo) can be organized, and bicycles may be borrowed.
- Address: Via Seliano, about 1 km (½ mile) down dirt track west off main road from Capaccio Scalo to Paestum, Paestum, 84063 | Map It
- Phone: 0828/723634
- Website: www.agriturismoseliano.it
- Location: Paestum
- 14 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Closed Nov.--Mar., will open for bookings.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe French & Italian Riviera Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
Just got back from a 12 day trip in Italy where I spent the first 4 nights in Rome, 3 nights in Ischia, and a day trip to Frascati. Read more
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
I like my pair of Jambu Ocean - http://www.sneakersseekers.com/Jambu-WJ13OCE-Womens-Ocean-Sandal/dp/B00BVBZ98U
but I am not sure if that is on ok footwear to wear during the day in Italy. They are comfortable Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the ... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more