- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Azienda Agrituristica Seliano
At a Glance
- a great taste of a working farm
- a banquet every evening
- transfers available from the station
- confusing to find
- not for non-dog fans
Check Rates from our Partners
Azienda Agrituristica Seliano Review
This working-farm-with-a-difference, about 3 km (2 miles) from Greek temples, consists of a cluster of 19th-century baronial buildings. The Baronessa Cecilia herself presides over all, aided by sons Ettore and Massimino. The top priority, once settled into your refurbished room, is to befriend the farm dogs, who'll become faithful companions on country walks. Opt for half-board terms as most of the food is home-produced, including the mozzarella, rich buffalo stew, and more elaborate dishes. For meals, you'll sit with other guests around a banquet table. Cookery courses and visits to the family's nearby cheese-making farm (meet the buffalo!) can be organized, and bicycles may be borrowed.
- Address: Via Seliano, about 1 km (½ mile) down dirt track west off main road from Capaccio Scalo to Paestum Paestum, 84063 | Map It
- Phone: 0828/723634
- Website: www.agriturismoseliano.it
- Location: Paestum
- 14 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Closed Nov.–Mar., will open for bookings.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
We have been to Rome several times and trying to get some sleep is difficult due to the nearby bars,restaurants....Is there a hidden gem in the middle of Rome ,on a quiet street that we can try?Going i Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more