- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Azienda Agrituristica Seliano
At a Glance
- a great taste of a working farm
- a banquet every evening
- transfers available from the station
- confusing to find
- not for non-dog fans
Check Rates from our Partners
Azienda Agrituristica Seliano Review
This working-farm-with-a-difference, about 3 km (2 miles) from Greek temples, consists of a cluster of 19th-century baronial buildings. The Baronessa Cecilia herself presides over all, aided by sons Ettore and Massimino. The top priority, once settled into your refurbished room, is to befriend the farm dogs, who'll become faithful companions on country walks. Opt for half-board terms as most of the food is home-produced, including the mozzarella, rich buffalo stew, and more elaborate dishes. For meals, you'll sit with other guests around a banquet table. Cookery courses and visits to the family's nearby cheese-making farm (meet the buffalo!) can be organized, and bicycles may be borrowed.
- Address: Via Seliano, about 1 km (½ mile) down dirt track west off main road from Capaccio Scalo to Paestum Paestum, 84063 | Map It
- Phone: 0828/723634
- Website: www.agriturismoseliano.it
- Location: Paestum
- 14 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Closed Nov.–Mar., will open for bookings.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help for my planned Sicily trip - sadly my Mum took sick and I've had to call the whole thing off! Read more
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
"You don't have to do anything in Venice. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more