- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Lying barely 3 km (2 miles) from the mainland and 10 km (6 miles) from the nearest port of Pozzuoli, Procida is an island of enormous contrasts. It's the most densely populated island in Europe—just more than 10,000 people are crammed into less than 3½ square km (less than 1½ square miles)—and yet there are oases such as Marina Corricella and Vivara that seem to have been bypassed by modern civilization. It's no surprise that picturesque Procida has strong artistic traditions and is widely deemed to be a painters' paradise.
Procida at a Glance
Elsewhere in Naples and Campania
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's