- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
At this haute-cuisine vegetarian haven near Piazza della Repubblica, delicious dishes are artistically prepared by Chef Pietro Leemann. Vegetarians, who often get short shrift in Italy, will marvel at the variety of culinary traditions—Asian and European—and artistry offered here. The ever-changing menu offers dishes in unusual formats: tiny glasses of creamed vegetables or ravioli in the shape of a human hand. Fish also makes an appearance. Joia's restful dining room has been refurbished, another room added, and its kitchen enlarged.
- Address: Via Panfilo Castaldi 18, Porta Venezia, Milan, 20124 | Map It
- Phone: 02/29522124
- Website: www.joia.it
- Metro: Repubblica; Tram 1, 5, 11, 29, or 30.
- Location: Milan
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., 3 wks in Aug., and Dec. 24–Jan. 7. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Trip to Sicily: March 3-22, 2014
My husband and I had originally planned a trip to Sicily for last September but, due to family issues, we had to postpone the trip until this March. Read more
I will be renting and returning to FCO. Read more
· News & Features
Milan is a fierce and unique alternative to Italy's well-worn destinations. ... Read more
Feeling a little down on your luck?... Read more
Few countries can offer what Italy can in the way of local culinary specialties, art, and architecture,... Read more