- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
At this haute-cuisine vegetarian haven near Piazza della Repubblica, delicious dishes are artistically prepared by Chef Pietro Leemann. Vegetarians, who often get short shrift in Italy, will marvel at the variety of culinary traditions—Asian and European—and artistry offered here. The ever-changing menu offers dishes in unusual formats: tiny glasses of creamed vegetables or ravioli in the shape of a human hand. Fish also makes an appearance. Joia's restful dining room has been refurbished, another room added, and its kitchen enlarged.
- Address: Via Panfilo Castaldi 18, Porta Venezia, Milan, 20124 | Map It
- Phone: 02/29522124
- Website: www.joia.it
- Metro: Repubblica; Tram 1, 5, 11, 29, or 30.
- Location: Milan
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., 3 wks in Aug., and Dec. 24–Jan. 7. No lunch Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After we left Urbino, we drove to Fabriano. Read more
We've rented out our house for another three months and have hit the road. Read more
Is it customary to leave a gratuity for the chambermaids in Europe? Read more
· News & Features
Milan is a fierce and unique alternative to Italy's well-worn destinations. ... Read more
Feeling a little down on your luck?... Read more
Few countries can offer what Italy can in the way of local culinary specialties, art, and architecture,... Read more