- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
If you brave Como's industrial quarter, you will come upon this beautiful church, a gem of Romanesque architecture begun by Benedictine monks in 1013 and consecrated by Pope Urban II in 1095. Inside, the five aisles converge on a presbytery with a semicircular apse decorated with a cycle of 14th-century frescoes—now restored to their original magnificence—by Lombard artists heavily influenced by the Sienese school. To see them, turn right as you enter and put €0.50 in the mechanical box for a few minutes of lighting. In the nave, the cubical capitals are the earliest example of this style in Italy.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
stayed at many wonderful resorts in europe and were shocked by rude and defensive comments by staff members at hotel du lac in riva la garda. Read more
After a fabulous vacation in Rome in November 2013, I was having a hard time getting the city out of my mind. Read more
I'm heading to Italy for my honeymoon in a month! I have the flights booked, flying into Milan and out of Rome, but I have a question about the trains between the stops.
My question is, which Read more
· News & Features
Milan is a fierce and unique alternative to Italy's well-worn destinations. ... Read more
Feeling a little down on your luck?... Read more
Few countries can offer what Italy can in the way of local culinary specialties, art, and architecture,... Read more