Milan, Lombardy, and the Lakes Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Milan, Lombardy, and the Lakes Restaurant Reviews
Lombardy may well offer Italy's most varied cuisine. Local cooking is influenced by the neighboring regions of the north; foreign conquerors have left their mark; and today, well-traveled Milanese, business visitors, and industrious immigrants all appreciate exotic flavors not so eagerly embraced elsewhere in Italy.
Milan runs counter to many of the established Italian dining customs. A "real" traditional Milanese meal is a rarity; instead, Milan offers something for every taste, budget, and time of day, from expense-account elegance in fancy restaurants to all-day nibbles in wine bars. The city's cosmopolitan nature means trends arrive here first, and things move fast. Meals are not the drawn-out pastime they tend to be elsewhere in Italy. But food is still consistently good—competition among restaurants is fierce and the local clientele is demanding, which means you can be reasonably certain that if a place looks promising, it won't disappoint.
Browse Milan, Lombardy, and the Lakes Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe