- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Como commands the south shore of the lake. It is only part elegant resort, though in the center of town cobbled pedestrian streets wind their way past parks and bustling cafés. The city has an industrial heritage, deeply rooted in the production of textiles, particularly silk and the silk trade. If you're traveling by car, leave it at the edge of the town center in the clean, well-lighted underground parking facility right on the lake.
Como at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's