Milan, Lombardy, and the Lakes Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Milan, Lombardy, and the Lakes Hotel Reviews
The hotels in Italy's wealthiest region generally cater to a clientele willing to pay for extra comfort. Outside Milan, many are converted villas with well-landscaped grounds. Most of the famous lake resorts are expensive; many smaller lakeside hotels are quite reasonably priced. Local tourism offices throughout the region are an excellent source of information about affordable lodging.
Please note that hotel prices are for a double in high season, though when "high season" is can vary—in the lakes it's at the height of summer, not surprisingly, but in Milan it depends on what fairs and exhibitions are being staged. Prices in almost all hotels can go up dramatically during the Furniture Fair in early April. Fashion, travel, and tech fairs also draw big crowds throughout the year, raising prices. In contrast to other cities in Italy, however, you can often find discounts on weekends. The three lake districts—Maggiore, Garda, and Como—have little to offer except quiet from November to March, when most gardens, hotels, and restaurants are closed.
Browse Milan, Lombardy, and the Lakes Hotels
- Armani Hotel Milano
- Il Sole di Ranco
- Park Hyatt Milan
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's