Milan, Lombardy, and the Lakes Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Milan's Furniture Fair
During the Salone del Mobile, Milan's furniture fair, in early April, the city is abuzz—there are showroom openings, cocktail parties, and product launches, and design types dressed in black and wearing funny glasses fill the sidewalks and bars.
Except for a few free days, the Salone del Mobile is for professionals only, but you can still participate. Newspapers such as Corriere della Sera usually run an English supplement, and special design-week freebies list public events around Milan called "Fuorisalone" (www.fuorisalone.it). Major players such as bathroom and kitchen specialist Boffi (Via Solferino 11) and Capellini (Via Santa Cecilia 4) launch new products in their stores. Warning: Don't visit if you haven't planned ahead. Hotel rooms and restaurant seating are impossible to find. See www.fieramilano.it for dates.Updated: 07-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's