- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Aeroporto A. Vespucci. Florence's small Aeroporto A. Vespucci, commonly called Peretola, is just outside of town, and receives flights from Milan, Rome, London, and Paris. 10 km [6 mi] northwest of Florence, Florence, 50127. 055/30615. www.aeroporto.firenze.it.
To get into the city center from the airport by car, take the autostrada A11. A SITA bus will take you directly from the airport to the center of town. Tickets can be purchased on the bus.
Aeroporto Galileo Galilei. Pisa's Aeroporto Galileo Galilei is the closest landing point with significant international service, including a few direct flights from New York each week on Delta. Sadly, the flight is seasonal and shuts down when it's cold outside. It's a straight shot down the SS67 to Florence. A train service, which used to connect Pisa's airport station with Santa Maria Novella, has as of press time been temporarily suspended. It's possible to take a bus to the train station at Pisa Centrale, and then go on to Florence Santa Maria Novella. 12 km [7 miles] south of Pisa and 80 km [50 miles] west of Florence, Florence, 56121. 050/849300. www.pisa-airport.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's