- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Florence Hotel Reviews
No stranger to visitors, Florence is equipped with hotels for all budgets; you can even find both budget and luxury hotels in the centro storico and along the Arno. Florence has so many famous landmarks that it's not hard to find lodging with a panoramic view. The equivalent of the genteel pensioni of yesteryear still exist, though they're now officially classified as hotels. Generally small and intimate, they often have a quaint appeal that usually doesn't preclude modern plumbing.
Florence's importance not only as a tourist city but as a convention center and the site of the Pitti fashion collections guarantees a variety of accommodations. The high demand also means that, except in winter, reservations are a must.
If you find yourself in Florence with no reservations, go to Consorzio ITA (Stazione Centrale, Santa Maria Novella 055/282893). You must go there in person to make a booking.
Browse Florence Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe