- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The simplest way to get to Fiesole from Florence is by public bus: Take the No. 7, marked "Fiesole," which you can pick up at Piazza San Marco. If you decide to drive (the bus is so much easier), go to Piazza Liberta and cross the Ponte Rosso heading in the direction of the SS65/SR65. Turn right onto Via Salviati and continue onto Via Roccettini. Make a left turn to Via Vecchia Fiesolana, which will take you directly into the center of town.
There are several possible routes for a two-hour walk from central Florence to Fiesole. One begins in a residential area of Florence called Salviatino (Via Barbacane, near Piazza Edison, on the Bus No. 7 route), and after a short time offers views over garden walls of beautiful villas, as well as the view over your shoulder at the panorama of Florence in the valley.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's