- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Frequent train service from Florence to Bologna makes getting here easy. The Italo and Frecciarossa (high-speed trains) run several times an hour and take just under 40 minutes; frecciabianca (slightly less-high-speed trains) run regularly as well and take a little over an hour. Otherwise, you're left with the regionali (regional) trains, which putter along and get you to Bologna in just over two hours. The historic center is an interesting and relatively effortless walk from the station. If you're driving from Florence, take the A1, exiting onto the A14, and then get on the RA1 to Uscita 7-Bologna Centrale. The trip takes about an hour. From Milan, take the A1, exiting to the A14 as you near the city; from there, take the A13 and exit at Bologna; then follow the RA1 to Uscita 7-Bologna Centrale. The trip takes just under three hours.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's