Palazzo dei Diamanti (Palace of Diamonds)
Palazzo dei Diamanti (Palace of Diamonds) Review
Named for the 12,600 small, pink-and-white marble pyramids (or "diamonds") that stud its facade, this building was designed to be viewed in perspective—both faces at once—from diagonally across the street. Work began in the 1490s and finished around 1504. Today the palazzo contains the Pinacoteca Nazionale, an extensive art gallery that also has rotating exhibits.
View deals in EmiliaRomagna for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More