- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Emilia-Romagna Restaurant Reviews
Italians rarely agree about anything, but most would say that the best food in the country is in Emilia-Romagna. Tortellini, fettuccine, Parmesan cheese, and balsamic vinegar are just a few of the Italian delicacies born here.
One of the beauties of Emilia-Romagna is that its exceptional food can be had without breaking the bank. Many trattorias serve up classic dishes, mastered over the centuries, at reasonable prices. Cutting-edge restaurants and wine bars are often more expensive; their inventive menus are full of fantasia—reinterpretations of the classics. For the budget-conscious, Bologna is a university town and has great places for cheap eats.
Between meals, you can sustain yourself with the region's famous sandwich, the piadina. It's made with pita-thin bread, usually filled with prosciutto or mortadella, cheese, and vegetables. It's put under the grill and served hot, with the cheese oozing at the sides. These addictive sandwiches can be savored at sit-down places or ordered to go.
Browse Emilia-Romagna Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Bologna Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $93+/Nt Expedia
- Bologna Savings! Book at Pedrini Fr $85+/Nt Save with Expedia, $19/night less
- Quality Michelino Bologna Fiera in May: $59 & Up — $59 Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- Save in Bologna: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $102+/Nt — $102 Expedia
- Bologna Savings! Book at Cosmopolitan Bologna Fr $104+/Nt — $104 Expedia