- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Emilia-Romagna Hotel Reviews
Emilia-Romagna has a reputation for demonstrating a level of efficiency uncommon in most of Italy. Even the smallest hotels are usually well run, with high standards of quality and service. Bologna is very much a businessperson's city, and many hotels here cater to the business traveler, but there are smaller, more intimate hotels as well. It's smart to book in advance—the region hosts many fairs and conventions that can fill up hotels even during low season.
Though prices are sometimes high, you can expect an experience delightfully free of the condescending attitude that sometimes mars Italy's tourist meccas.
Browse Emilia-Romagna Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Bologna this May Fr $87+/Nt Save with Expedia, $14/night less
- Save in Bologna: Book 3 Nts in May at Zan Regina Fr $132+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Bologna: Save this May Fr $105+/Nt — $105 Save with Expedia, $8/night less
- Bologna Savings! Book at Savoia Country House Fr $220+/Nt — $220 Save with Expedia, $36/night less
- Bologna Savings! Book at Pedrini Fr $83+/Nt — $83 Save with Expedia, $19/night less