- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A taxi from Shannon Airport to Limerick City costs about €35. It costs €4.10 to hire a taxi on the street (€4.45 by night); add €2 to book one by phone, and €1.03 per kilometer.
Full details of fares and conditions are on the Taxi Regulator website. Taxis are also found at railway stations in Tralee, Killarney, and Limerick, and at Shannon and Kerry airports. Otherwise, they must be prebooked by phone: ask for the number of the local company at your hotel or B&B.
All Route Taxis (Limerick. 061/300–777.)
Cork Taxi Co-Op (6 Washington St. West, Cork. 021/427–2222. www.corktaxi.ie.)
Killarney Cabs (Killarney. 064/663–7444.)
Taxi Regulator (No phone. www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi-and-bus-licensing/taxi/.)
Tralee Radio Taxis (Tralee. 066/712–5451. www.traleeradiotaxis.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's