- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bus Éireann operates express services from Dublin to Limerick City, and Tralee. Most towns in the region are served by the provincial Bus Éireann network. The main Bus Éireann bus stations in the region are at Limerick and Tralee, and there is also a bus station in Killarney. The bus stations are located outside the railway stations. Citylink (a private bus company) offers a reliable alternative to Bus Éireann, serving Dublin, Shannon, and Cork airports, and the city centers of Cork, Dublin, Limerick, and Galway.
Buses tend to stop running in the early evening, which is fine if you want to stay overnight and leave the next morning, but it rules out many day trips—unless you want to spend most of the day on the bus. As a general rule, the smaller the town, and the more remote, the less frequent its bus service: some of the smaller villages on the remote Corca Dhuibhne (Dingle Peninsula) have bus service only one day a week in winter. Bus Éireann runs a regular bus service around the Ring of Kerry between mid-June and mid-September, but there are only two buses a day, leaving Killarney at 8:45 am or 1:45 pm.
Citylink (091/564164. www.citylink.ie.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's