- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Southwest can be accessed from two international airports: Cork (ORK) on the southwest coast, and Shannon (SNN) in the west (26 km [16 miles] west of Limerick City). Cork Airport is about two hours' drive from both Killarney and Kenmare. Shannon Airport is 135 km (84 miles) from Killarney via Limerick, a journey that takes about 2½ hours. Kerry County Airport (KIR) at Farranfore, 16 km (10 miles) from Killarney, has daily flights from Dublin, London (Stansted and Luton), and Frankfurt (Hahn) operated by Ryanair.
Kerry County Airport (066/976–4644. www.kerryairport.ie.)
Bus Éireann runs a 40-minute bus route (€5) between Shannon Airport and Limerick City between 8 am and midnight. J. J. Kavannagh runs a popular bus shuttle to Shannon Airport, connecting with Limerick (45 minutes; €5 one-way).
JJ Kavanagh Buses (081/833–3222. www.jjkavanagh.ie.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's