Sights & Attractions in The Southwest
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gap of Dunloe
Massive, glacial rocks form the side of the Gap of Dunloe, a narrow...
In the Old Customs House on the banks of the Shannon in the city...
|Museums / Galleries||Limerick City|
Killarney National Park
Killarney National Park consists of the three Lakes of Killarney...
King John's Castle
First built by the Normans in the early 1200s, King John's Castle...
|Castles / Palaces||Limerick City|
If the weather is fine, head southwest 19 km (12 miles) out of...
Hero of a 1,001 travel posters, the ivy-covered 19th-century...
|Houses / Mansions||Killarney|
A fully restored 14th-century stronghold, Ross Castle was the...
|Castles / Palaces||Killarney|
St. Mary's Cathedral
Limerick is a predominantly Catholic city, but the Protestant...
|Religious Sites||Limerick City|
You reach this roaring cascade by a footpath that begins in the...
|Bodies of Water||Killarney|
Browse All The Southwest Sights
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's