- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Tom Crean Fish & Wine
Tom Crean Fish & Wine Review
Owner Aileen d'Arcy recently renamed her restaurant, on the ground floor of a former bank, after her grandfather, the Arctic explorer Tom Crean. You can learn his story while browsing the menu, which is dominated by local produce. Top bets include the Sneem black pudding with apple and tomato chutney baked in filo pastry and the local duck breast, pan-fried and served with roast root vegetables and Puy lentils. Known for her warm welcome, Aileen learned her trade at Kenmare's famed Park Hotel, and shares the chef duties with her two sons. The main room is warmed by a large turf fire and has fully upholstered leather chairs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more