- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chart House Review
Host Jim McCarthy is often found in the early evening leaning over the red half door of this low, cabinlike stone building. The exterior gives little hint of the spacious, cleverly lighted dining room within, nor of the beautiful pair of windows at the back that frame lovely views of Dingle Harbor's trawler fleet. Nautical artifacts complement the rusty-red walls and matching tablecloths. The atmosphere is pleasantly informal, but both food and service are polished and professional. Top choices include the phyllo parcel of Annascaul black pudding with chutney, or the rack of Kerry mountain lamb with redcurrant and rosemary jus. Finish the meal with a selection of Irish cheeses, served with a glass of port, or a homemade apple and clove tartlet with ginger-nut crumble.
- Address: The Mall, Dingle Town, Co. Kerry | Map It
- Phone: 066/915-2255
- Website: www.thecharthousedingle.com
- Location: An Daingean (Dingle Town)
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Jan. 2--mid-Feb., and Mon. and Tues. in Apr., May, and mid-Sept.--Dec. (call to confirm). No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save $$ in Cork: Book Fr $145+/Nt Hotels.com
- Book 4-Star Imperial Fr $184+/Nt Expedia
- Starting Fr $169: Great Cork Price — $169 Hotels.com
- $125 & Up: The Gresham Metropole Cork 3-Star Hotel in Cork — $125 Expedia
- 4-Star BEST WESTERN Montenotte Fr $105+/Nt — $105 Hotels.com
I apologize to those of you that are annoyed by a duplicate post, but it was a good suggestion to add the line breaks. Read more
Just back from two weeks in Ireland. Read more
My son and daughter are leaving on a trip to Ireland this week. Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw. ... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more