- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chart House Review
Host Jim McCarthy is often found in the early evening leaning over the red half door of this low, cabinlike stone building. The exterior gives little hint of the spacious, cleverly lighted dining room within, nor of the beautiful pair of windows at the back that frame lovely views of Dingle Harbor's trawler fleet. Nautical artifacts complement the rusty-red walls and matching tablecloths. The atmosphere is pleasantly informal, but both food and service are polished and professional. Top choices include the phyllo parcel of Annascaul black pudding with chutney, or the rack of Kerry mountain lamb with redcurrant and rosemary jus. Finish the meal with a selection of Irish cheeses, served with a glass of port, or a homemade apple and clove tartlet with ginger-nut crumble.
- Address: The Mall, Dingle Town, Co. Kerry | Map It
- Phone: 066/915–2255
- Website: www.thecharthousedingle.com
- Location: An Daingean (Dingle Town)
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Jan. 2–mid-Feb., and Mon. and Tues. in Apr., May, and mid-Sept.–Dec. (call to confirm). No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We're taking a trip to Europe this summer for my 16 year old daughter to sing with her high school choir in London (3 days), Paris (2 days), Florence (1 day), and Rome (3 days) and taking our 11 and 13 Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more