- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
At a Glance
- memorable views
- excellent spa
- super-helpful staff
- well out of town
- a big hotel by Irish standards
Check Rates from our Partners
Aghadoe Heights Review
Once inside this large, modern hotel you'll soon forget its blocklike external appearance, as the entrancing panorama of Killarney's lakes spread out before you casts its spell. It's hard to take your eyes off the view, as the famously changeable Killarney weather scuds across the skies (sunsets are not to be missed). As for the interior, standard international-hotel decor is enlivened by an impressive collection of original Irish art. Guest rooms are spacious, with plenty of luxury touches, including a fruit bowl, fluffy robes, and a booklet on hiking trails (that start right outside the hotel's door). The Lake Room Restaurant has perfect views; the interior is cozy with wood paneling, while the Heights Lounge and Bar offers casual dining. The Spa has a full range of treatments, or you can exhale in the Thermal Suite to banish any post-golfing or post-hiking aches.
- Address: off N22, 4 km (2½ miles) outside Killarney, on Tralee side Killarney, Co. Kerry | Map It
- Phone: 064/663–1766
- Website: www.aghadoeheights.com
- Location: Killarney
- 48 rooms, 26 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.–Thurs. Nov.–Dec. 27 and Jan. 7–Mar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Below is my trip report of our trip in Sept/Oct 2013. Read more
For those not reading the long report ("Ireland with a Northern Twist"), here's a "visual" trip report--a link to the pix:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2QctG7hu0ZMXC Read more
Wow, two month from yesterday and we will be in Ireland. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more