The Southwest Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to the Southwest of Ireland
The Ring of Kerry: The most brazenly scenic coastal drive in Ireland might have been designed with the visitor in mind—get ready to use up your entire flash card in a jiffy!
Skellig Michael: Take a wet and wonderful ride out to Ireland's most spectacular island, whose twin peaks, crowned with a medieval monastery, beckon to you along the Ring of Kerry.
The Gap of Dunloe: A half-day tour lets you walk or ride horseback through the heart of Killarney's purple mountains and cross the glittering blue lake by rowboat.
Adare: Discover Ireland's prettiest village by taking a walk past its dinky thatched cottages to the banks of the River Maigue, where the remains of priories established by medieval monks still stand.
"Castle Country": Limerick is studded with top attractions like King John's Castle on the banks of the Shannon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's