- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Dingle Town is about an hour and 15 minute's drive from Tralee on the N86, and about two hours west of Killarney via Killorglin and Castlemaine. There are daily buses from Tralee, which is also the nearest railway station.
There is no public transportation west of Dingle Town, around Slea Head, where the best scenery is found. If you don't have a car, the 30-km (18-mile) circuit can be toured by minibus (€20 per person for two or more people). Coastline Tours is a good choice for these excursions, or ask at the tourist information office. Bear in mind that there are no gas stations and no ATMs west of Dingle Town, so load up on supplies before you leave.
Most boats to the Blasket Islands leave from Dunquin, 21 km (13 miles) west of town, but Dingle Bay Charters has boats from the marina in Dingle Town making ecotours of the Blasket Islands daily between May and September, weather permitting (€40).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe