- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From Dublin take the N11/M11 all the way to Wexford town; the trip takes about two hours and 10 minutes.
Intercity buses leave from O'Hanrahan train station on Redmond Place. Bus Éireann has nine buses a day going to Dublin (3 hours; €14.85 one-way, €17.55 round-trip), nine a day going to Rosslare (30 minutes; €4.50 one-way, €7.50 round-trip), and six a day Monday–Saturday, three on Sunday, going to Waterford City (3 hours; €7.50 one-way, €17.60 round-trip).
O'Hanrahan Station serves Irish Rail trains at the northern end of town on Redmond Place. Wexford is on the Dublin–Roslare line and three trains a day go to and from Dublin; the 2½-hour trip costs €22.50 one-way or same-day return and €28.50 open return. The short hop to Rosslare costs €4 and takes 25 minutes. There are no direct trains to Cork or Waterford.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe