- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A Rural Experience runs day excursions and extended tours all over the Southeast, and their County Kilkenny tour is especially popular. The knowledgeable and delightful Jack Burtchaell of Burtchaell Tours in Waterford City leads a Waterford walk at noon and 2 pm daily from March through September. Tours depart from the Granville Hotel. Walking tours of Kilkenny are arranged by Tynan Tours from the Kilkenny TIO. These tours take place daily April through October, and Tuesday through Saturday, November to March. Walking tours of historic Wexford Town can be prebooked for groups by contacting Wexford Walking Tours. Book tours through town tourist offices.
Burtchaell Tours of Waterford City (051/873–711. www.jackswalkingtours.com.)
A Rural Experience (056/772–7590. www.aruralexperience.com.)
Tynan Tours of Kilkenny City (087/265–1745. www.kilkennytourism.ie/tynans_walking_tours.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's