- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sometimes called Ireland's sunniest spot, the village of Rosslare is a seaside getaway with an attractive beach. Many vacationers head here to hike, golf, sun, and swim. But the truth is that most visitors are only here to take the ferry from the Rosslare-Europort terminal, the only reason (some point out) you should find yourself in this otherwise dull little town. As Rosslare is so well connected to the ferry port, the roads to major cities to and from here are very good: N81, N11, and N25. The car trip from Dublin takes around 2 hours 12 minutes. Cork is 179 km (111 miles) northwest or 2 hours 45 minutes away via the N25. Rosslare is only 16 km (9 miles) southeast of Wexford Town on the R470.
Rosslare at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Southeast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's