- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Cistin Eile Review
Proud of its modern Irishness, this place run by talented young chef Warren Gillen takes the produce of local farmers and applies a simple but stunning brand of culinary magic. "Hunger makes a great sauce" reads the Irish-language motto on the wall, so arrive with your appetite fully intact. Gillen wastes little time on the decor, but the place has a homey, warm feel. The menu changes depending on what's good in the local market. Favorites include the Tony Butlers black-and-white pudding with cabbage salad, apple, and mustard, or the slow-cooked beef with onion fondue, spiced turnip colcannon, and peppered cream. How they offer dishes of this quality at such affordable prices is a Wexford miracle. Oh yeah, the name just means "another kitchen" in Irish.
- Address: 80 S. Main St., Wexford Town, Co. Wexford
- Phone: 053/912–1616
- Location: Wexford Town
- Closed Sun. No dinner Mon. and Tues.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
My DH and I would love to do a little exploring next March or October. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more