The Southeast Sights



French Church Review

Roofless ruins are all that remain of French Church, a 13th-century Franciscan abbey. The church, also known as Greyfriars, was given to a group of Huguenot refugees (hence the "French") in 1695. A splendid east window remains amid the ruins. The key is available at Reginald's Tower.

    Contact Information

  • Address: Greyfriars St., Waterford City, Co. Waterford
  • Location: Waterford City
Updated: 02-21-2013

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property


View more trip reports

View more travel discussions

· News & Features

View more blog stories