The Southeast Sights

Advertisement

Guidebooks

Blackfriars Abbey

Blackfriars Abbey Review

This ruined tower belonged to a Dominican abbey that was founded in 1226 and returned to the Crown in 1541 after the dissolution of the monasteries. It was used as a courthouse until Cromwellian forces destroyed it in the 17th century.

    Contact Information

  • Address: High St., Waterford City, Co. Waterford
  • Location: Waterford City
Updated: 02-21-2013

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

View more trip reports

View more travel discussions

· News & Features

View more blog stories