- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Munster Dining Room
Munster Dining Room Review
Inside the Waterford Castle Hotel, the Munster Dining Room's luxe decor—with oak paneling darkened with age and ancestral portraits in gilt frames—hints at one of the most sophisticated menus around. The dress code is smart (jackets for the men) and the decor does suggest a big night out. Options include a fixed-price, three-course menu featuring adventurous starters like wild rabbit tart with carrot puree and grain-mustard jus. Main-course winners include the best of Irish steaks or the roasted goose breast with potato-and-orange stuffing and burnt-orange sauce.
- Address: Waterford Castle Hotel, The Island, 2 km (1 mile) south of Waterford Ballinakill, Co. Waterford
- Phone: 051/878–203
- Website: www.waterfordcastle.com/munster-room-restaurant.html
- Location: Waterford City
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
We are visiting Ireland and Scotland for about 8 days each in May 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more