- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Munster Dining Room
Munster Dining Room Review
Inside the Waterford Castle Hotel, the Munster Dining Room's luxe decor—with oak paneling darkened with age and ancestral portraits in gilt frames—hints at one of the most sophisticated menus around. The dress code is smart (jackets for the men) and the decor does suggest a big night out. Options include a fixed-price, three-course menu featuring adventurous starters like wild rabbit tart with carrot puree and grain-mustard jus. Main-course winners include the best of Irish steaks or the roasted goose breast with potato-and-orange stuffing and burnt-orange sauce.
- Address: Waterford Castle Hotel, The Island, 2 km (1 mile) south of Waterford Ballinakill, Co. Waterford
- Phone: 051/878–203
- Website: www.waterfordcastle.com/munster-room-restaurant.html
- Location: Waterford City
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Below is my trip report of our trip in Sept/Oct 2013. Read more
For those not reading the long report ("Ireland with a Northern Twist"), here's a "visual" trip report--a link to the pix:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2QctG7hu0ZMXC Read more
We plan to visit Ireland from July 15 to July 29, and have read that we will certainly want lodging reservations in the cities. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more