A former Georgian rectory dating to 1794, Kilmokea presides over 7 acres of formal walled gardens blooming by the River Barrow. It recently earned an Irish Heritage Garden certificate—a justifiable reward for owners Mark and Emma Hewlett, who have also managed to gild this lily with all manner of hostelry delights. Guest bedrooms are lavish, with four-poster beds and great window views. For a grand dinner, the maroon-hue salon offers ambitious and expensive prix-fixe
meals; for lunch or tea repair to the Georgian Tea Rooms conservatory. There is even a small spa with a heated swimming pool. Kilmokea is located on the R733 south from New Ross to Ballyhack–look for the signs.
R733, Campile, Co. Wexford, Ireland