- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Rockett's of the Metal Man
Rockett's of the Metal Man Review
One mile from Tramore is Rockett's, part of the Metal Man pub—an old and welcoming place always packed with local farmers, truckers, and Southeast Willie Loman types. The house specialty is thoroughly unpretentious—crubeens (pig's feet), an Irish version of spare ribs that, with all their attendant oily, finger-licking goodness, will surely stave off hunger pangs for exhausted travelers. Long before roasted nuts and potato chips arrived, every Irish pub served crubeens, but nowadays you have to look long and hard to find them. The menu also includes bacon and cabbage and colcannon.
- Address: Westown, Tramore, Co. Waterford
- Phone: 051/381–496
- Location: Tramore
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Mon.–Thurs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Below is my trip report of our trip in Sept/Oct 2013. Read more
For those not reading the long report ("Ireland with a Northern Twist"), here's a "visual" trip report--a link to the pix:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2QctG7hu0ZMXC Read more
I wanted to reach out to the lovely people on this board for some help with my Ireland itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more