- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Rockett's of the Metal Man
Rockett's of the Metal Man Review
One mile from Tramore is Rockett's, part of the Metal Man pub—an old and welcoming place always packed with local farmers, truckers, and Southeast Willie Loman types. The house specialty is thoroughly unpretentious—crubeens (pig's feet), an Irish version of spare ribs that, with all their attendant oily, finger-licking goodness, will surely stave off hunger pangs for exhausted travelers. Long before roasted nuts and potato chips arrived, every Irish pub served crubeens, but nowadays you have to look long and hard to find them. The menu also includes bacon and cabbage and colcannon.
- Address: Westown, Tramore, Co. Waterford
- Phone: 051/381–496
- Location: Tramore
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Mon.–Thurs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Below is my trip report of our trip in Sept/Oct 2013. Read more
For those not reading the long report ("Ireland with a Northern Twist"), here's a "visual" trip report--a link to the pix:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2QctG7hu0ZMXC Read more
Hello fellow travellers. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more