- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rockett's of the Metal Man
Rockett's of the Metal Man Review
One mile from Tramore is Rockett's, part of the Metal Man pub—an old and welcoming place always packed with local farmers, truckers, and Southeast Willie Loman types. The house specialty is thoroughly unpretentious—crubeens (pig's feet), an Irish version of spare ribs that, with all their attendant oily, finger-licking goodness, will surely stave off hunger pangs for exhausted travelers. Long before roasted nuts and potato chips arrived, every Irish pub served crubeens, but nowadays you have to look long and hard to find them. The menu also includes bacon and cabbage and colcannon.
- Address: Westown, Tramore, Co. Waterford
- Phone: 051/381–496
- Location: Tramore
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Mon.–Thurs.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
OK, here's the start to my trip report. Read more
We (me, my daughter and family friend) arrived in Shannon with no problems. Read more
I've got a USA passport and know that i can get a entrance visa/stamp for 90 days to visit /enter Ireland. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more