- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting around by bus is easy enough if you plan to visit only the larger towns. Bus Éireann's routes are regular and reliable and there are also several privately run local bus companies, including McGeehan Coaches.
Bus Éireann helpfully offers a flexible Open Road bus pass ideally suited for travelers in the Northwest. A three-day pass costs €54 and each additional day's travel is €15. You can go anywhere in the republic on the nationwide network of services with this pass, but it is not valid across the border in Northern Ireland.
Bus Éireann (01/836–6111 in Dublin; 071/916–0066 in Sligo; 074/912–1309 in Letterkenny. www.buseireann.ie.)
Bus Feda (074/954–8114. www.feda.ie.)
Londonderry & Lough Swilly Railway Company (028/7126–2017. www.loughswillybusco.com.)
McGeehan Coaches (074/954–6150. www.mcgeehancoaches.com.)
North West Busways (074/938–2619. www.foylecoaches.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's