- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
"The Hidden Ireland," the Northwest region covers the most northerly part of Ireland's Atlantic coastline, running from Sligo in the south up to Donegal's remote, windswept peninsulas. From the varied cultural footprints in County Sligo, many travelers head north to Leitrim, a county best known for its lakes flowing into the River Shannon, and then on to County Donegal—isolated, beautiful, and famed for its Celtic inheritance.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe