Yeats Festivals Review
There's no getting away from events linked to the illustrious Yeats family. The Yeats International Summer School has been a permanent fixture for 55 years and is a prestigious academic talking shop. It runs for 12 days from the end of July. The Yeats Winter School is held over a weekend in January and includes lectures and tours. Details of these are at www.yeatssociety.com. Not to be outdone, W. B.'s brother Jack B., the painter, is increasingly being brought into the limelight. Tread Softly, a mix of theater, music, film, art and readings, takes place at the same time as the summer school and explores the link between the brothers: www.treadsoftly.ie. June 13th has been designated Yeats Day, when costumed actors take to the streets for poetry readings and a host of other events.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's