Oideas Gael: Sport & Culture
Oideas Gael: Sport & Culture Review
If you fancy expanding your mind and horizons, both from a sporting and cultural point of view, then Oideas Gael, based in Gleann Cholm Cille—the Irish-speaking Gaeltacht area of southwest Donegal—has an excellent selection of courses for the culturally curious holidaymaker. Since it was formed in 1984, Oideas Gael has run acclaimed Irish-language classes, as well as programs on hill walking, archaeology, landscape, and the environment. Other activities include painting, traditional music, dance, digital photography, and even tapestry hand weaving—one of Donegal's renowned crafts. The courses, which attract thousands of participants from all over the world, run from April to October. Accommodation is based in self-catering hostels or with local families. For a rundown on the schedule and prices, check the website.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's