Built in 1878, Sligo Town's Courthouse is built in the Victorian Gothic style with a suitably flamboyant and turreted sandstone exterior. After it was constructed, it became a symbol of English power. The Courthouse takes its inspiration from the much larger Law Courts in London. Unfortunately, the structure is not open to tourists. Just north of the Courthouse on the east side of Teeling Street, look for the window designating the law firm Argue and Phibbs, one of Sligo's
most popular photo-ops.
Teeling St., Sligo Town, Co. Sligo, Ireland