- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Belleek Pottery Ltd.
Belleek Pottery Ltd. Review
The name Belleek is synonymous with much of Ireland's delicate ivory porcelain figurines and woven china baskets (sometimes painted with shamrocks). Belleek Pottery Ltd. is the best known of the producers, in operation since 1857. The main factories are in Northern Ireland (which is why their prices are quoted in pounds sterling, not euros) just down the road from Ballyshannon. Watch the introductory film, take the 30-minute tour, stop by for refreshment in the tearoom, or just head to the on-site shop. The factory-museum-store is near the border with Northern Ireland. Company products can also be found in the shops of Donegal and Sligo.
- Address: 6 km (4 mi) east of Ballyshannon, 3 Main St., Belleek | Map It
- Phone: 028/6865–9300 in Northern Ireland
- Cost: £4
- Hours: Jan.–Feb., 9-5.30 weekdays, closed weekends; Mar-June, Mon.-Sat., 9-5.30, Sun 2-5.30; July-Sept, 9-6 weekdays, Sat.,10-6, Sun.,12-5.30; Oct.-Dec., 9-5.30 weekdays, Sat., 10-5.30, Sun., 12-5.
- Website: www.belleek.ie
- Location: Ballyshannon
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Below is my trip report of our trip in Sept/Oct 2013. Read more
For those not reading the long report ("Ireland with a Northern Twist"), here's a "visual" trip report--a link to the pix:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2QctG7hu0ZMXC Read more
I will be travelling with my 81 year old Mum to West Ireland from England. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more