- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Belleek Pottery Ltd.
Belleek Pottery Ltd. Review
The name Belleek is synonymous with much of Ireland's delicate ivory porcelain figurines and woven china baskets (sometimes painted with shamrocks). Belleek Pottery Ltd. is the best known of the producers, in operation since 1857. The main factories are in Northern Ireland (which is why their prices are quoted in pounds sterling, not euros) just down the road from Ballyshannon. Watch the introductory film, take the 30-minute tour, stop by for refreshment in the tearoom, or just head to the on-site shop. The factory-museum-store is near the border with Northern Ireland. Company products can also be found in the shops of Donegal and Sligo.
- Address: 6 km (4 mi) east of Ballyshannon, 3 Main St., Belleek | Map It
- Phone: 028/6865–9300 in Northern Ireland
- Cost: £4
- Hours: Jan.–Feb., 9-5.30 weekdays, closed weekends; Mar-June, Mon.-Sat., 9-5.30, Sun 2-5.30; July-Sept, 9-6 weekdays, Sat.,10-6, Sun.,12-5.30; Oct.-Dec., 9-5.30 weekdays, Sat., 10-5.30, Sun., 12-5.
- Website: www.belleek.ie
- Location: Ballyshannon
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
We are visiting Ireland and Scotland for about 8 days each in May 2014. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more