The Northwest Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Come Gather in 2013
During 2013, Sligo will be a key destination hub in what is billed as Ireland's biggest tourism event, The Gathering—an initiative to encourage Sligo diaspora to come "home" and rejoin their kin for some quintessential Sligo fun and festivity. Celebratory events include the Sligo Live Music Festival, the annual Choral Festival, and the Sligo Sea Shanty Festival at Rosses Point, 8 km (5 miles) from town. Alternatively, the returning peoples of Sligo may want to drop in to hear the magnificent Jazz Lads who've been together for 50 years and play at the Harp Tavern on Sunday mornings, or some might want to get straight to the bare bones of Sligo by joining in the "Dip in the Nip," an annual all-nude summer charity swim where more than 300 brave souls take to the Atlantic waters at a beach on the Sligo coast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's