- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The coastal town of Bundoran is on the main N 15 Sligo-Donegal route. From Apr.-Sept. you pay at a meter for hourly parking on the main street. It's €3 to park all day at Waterworld or €2 for parking at the main supermarkets. Over in the west end of town, opposite the Allingham Hotel, car parking is free. Driving time south to Sligo is 45 minutes and 30 minutes north to Donegal town.
Bundoran is on a main bus route linking Sligo and Donegal Town. Six Bus Éireann services come through the town Monday through Saturday year-round with two stops: one at the west end of town on the Sligo Road and the other at the east on Finner Road. You can catch an express bus onward from here to Donegal Town for connections to places in the west of the county or north on the N15 to towns up to Derry city. The fare from Bundoran to Letterkenny is €14.30 one-way, €19.50 round-trip.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe