- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Resting on the south coast of County Donegal, Bundoran is one of Ireland's most popular seaside resorts, a favorite haunt of the Irish from both the north and the south. Somewhat ambitiously, the tourist board labels Bundoran "Ireland's Capital of Fun."
The place has worked hard to sell its big draw-the quality of its surfing waves. In recent years it has attracted water warriors from Hawaii, South Africa, Brazil, Australia, and Germany-they can't all be wrong about this surf hot spot.
Bundoran at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Northwest
- Ard an Ratha (Ardara)
- Donegal Town
- Gleann Cholm Cille (Glencolumbkille)
- Glenveagh National Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's